Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
The AIA Columbus Chapter's annual Architecture Awards Program recognizes excellence in architectural design by Columbus architects, architectural students and those within the boundaries of the AIA Columbus Chapter. The program's purpose is to recognize the achievements for a broad range of architectural activity in order to elevate the general quality of architectural practice, establish a standard of excellence against which all architects and students can measure performance, inform the public of the breadth and value of architectural practice, and to honor the architects, students, clients, and consultants who work together to improve the built environment.
All submissions will be entered into a public vote for AIA Columbus' inaugural People's Choice Award. The winner will be announced at the Architecture Awards Ceremony on November 9th. Submissions will also be published in the 2017 Architecture Awards booklet.
To achieve these goals the AIA Columbus Architecture Awards program has three divisions:
- Built Work
- Built works is an all-inclusive category, and recognizes design excellence for completed architecture executed in all scales, of all types of buildings, interiors, restoration, preservation and adaptive re-use.
- Unbuilt Work
- Unbuilt works recognizes design excellence in projects scheduled to be built, as well as those that will never be built. Submissions may be commissioned or self-generated, research or speculation. If a project submitted in the unbuilt category wins an AIA Columbus Architecture Award, it may not be submitted in the ‘built work’ category at a later date.
- Student Work
- A built or unbuilt project primarily designed by a student. The project cannot be affiliated with an architecture firm.
Please review each category for the individual program eligibility and submission requirements, here.
- Monday, July 10, 2017 // Call for entries opens
- Thursday, August 31, 2017 // Project submissions due
- Friday, September 8, 2017 // Entry fee payment due
- September/October 2017 // Jury review in Portland, Oregon
- Thursday, November 9, 2017 // Architecture Awards Ceremony at Dock 580
For more information, please see the Call for Entries.