Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
The AIA Columbus Chapter's annual Architecture Awards Program recognizes excellence in architectural design by Columbus architects, architectural students and those within the boundaries of the AIA Columbus Chapter. The program's purpose is to recognize the achievements for a broad range of architectural activity in order to elevate the general quality of architectural practice, establish a standard of excellence against which all architects and students can measure performance, inform the public of the breadth and value of architectural practice, and to honor the architects, students, clients, and consultants who work together to improve the built environment.
To achieve these goals the AIA Columbus Architecture Awards program has six divisions:
- Large Project (recommended: 5,000 sf or over)
- The Large Project is for projects that are around 5,000 square feet and over. It recognizes design excellence for completed architecture executed in projects over 5,000 square feet, of all types of buildings, restoration, preservation and adaptive re-use.
- Small Project (recommended: less than 5,000 sf)
- The Small Project Category is for projects that are roughly less than 5,000 square feet. It recognizes design excellence for completed architecture executed in projects less than 5,000 square feet, of all types of buildings, restoration, preservation and adaptive re-use.
- Interior Architecture
- The Interior Architecture Awards Category is for completed building interiors. The projects may be large or small in scope and may involve new construction, adaptive re-use, restoration, or preservation/renovation.
- Innovation in Technology
- The Innovation in Technology Category is for outstanding examples of how unique applications of technology have been used to improve design, increase efficiency, improve collaboration or other direct benefit to the design/construction process. The projects may be large or small in scope and may involve new construction, adaptive re-use, restoration, or preservation/ renovation.
- Architectural Detail
- The Architectural Detail Category recognizes an instance in which the details of a project are executed in an artful way, celebrating the relationship between architecture and craft through a material, detail, or technology. To be eligible for an award in this category the project must be realized/built.
- Unbuilt Work
- The Unbuilt Work category recognizes design excellence in projects scheduled to be built, as well as those that will never be built. Submissions may be commissioned or self-generated, research or speculation.
- Monday, July 6, 2020 // Call for entries opens
- Monday, August 31, 2020 // Project submissions due
- Friday, September 4, 2020// Entry fee payment due ($25 late payment fee)
- September 2020// Jury review in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- November 2020 // Architecture Awards Ceremony (virtual)
For more information, please see the Call for Entries.